Our neighbors at Villanova University called upon Picture Mosaics to bring a Live Print Mosaic to 1842 Day, Villanova’s first ever annual day of giving. Over 2,000 photos were submitted through hashtag submissions, onsite photography as well as through an online interactive site, to help represent the spirit of the Villanova community. With a Live Print Mosaic, each guest not only becomes part of the artistic installation, they help to build the actual work of art by hand-placing their photo.
Products & Services – How we provided the wow factor
Live Print Mosaic
- Guests’ photos were printed onsite giving them the opportunity to hand place their picture in the photo mosaic mural
Mosaic Mural Creation
- Using a dual processing technique to analyze photos for colors and shapes, we placed each photo in its optimal location for the best overall appearance. Every guest photo submitted was used.
- Participants submitted Twitter and/or Instagram photos using a hashtag (e.g. #1842Day)
- Captured: name, photo, and tweet/caption (public profiles only)
- Picture Mosaics provided brand ambassadors to capture guest photos in real-time
- Green screen backdrop for custom background options
- In booth photographer or roamed throughout event area
- Web app for iPad customized for stationary or roaming photo submissions
- Participant information captured (name, email, etc.) during submission process
- Photos could also be submitted online through a custom 1842 Day mosaic microsite.
Onsite Enhancements – The exciting “off screen” extras
Onsite Photo Printing
- Each submitted photo was printed instantly by our high-speed, automated adhesive photo printers
Onsite Tech Support and Build Team
- Dedicated event staff helped place submitted photo tiles into the mural
- Proper testing and setup prior to live event
- Onsite technical support and configuration as needed
Communications Options – The after party
Shareable Digital Takeaways
- Immediately following the event, each participant received an email containing their photo, along with Facebook and Twitter share options
Real-time Event Synced Microsite
- Stand-alone or embeddable microsite synced to event mosaic in real-time
- Advanced search, hover, and click & learn
- Live streaming to any web HTML5 browser with 10,000+ simultaneous feeds
- Guests can find and save their photo in original or mosaic format from mosaic site.
We specialize in a vast array of mosaic-based event solutions, both onsite and online, seamlessly integrated with social networks and onsite photo-capture devices for a truly engaging experience. Examples include real-time photo mosaic creation, online & interactive fan-driven activations, guest-built Photo-by-Photo mosaic murals, instant personalized mosaic photo prints, and so much more. Click here to learn about more engaging event solutions.