For a donation of just $25 to the Magee-Womens Foundation, participants of Magee’s 100th anniversary celebration were able to include a photograph of themselves, their child, or another special person in their life in the Magee 100 Mosaic. Thousands of submitted photos helped to create this 14ft x 7ft Magee 100 Mosaic — a beautiful piece of artwork that hangs in the main lobby of the hospital.
Each donation was used to support the Patient Care Fund at Magee-Womens Hospital of UPMC. The Patient Care Fund provides many necessary items for patients and their families while being cared for at Magee.
After several discussions with the Magee-Womens Foundation, we were able develop a customized user flow and donation model. After several months of collecting donations and photos, the photo mosaic was designed and executed in three great forms: a large 14ft x 7ft mural, an interactive/searchable kiosk, and a full featured online interactive mosaic. Overall, the project was a huge success!
Picture Mosaics provided a turn-key solution for this campaign, which include the following:
- A microsite with a custom donation and photo upload flow.
- Donations (via Paypal) were deposited directly into Magee-Womens Hospital’s account.
- Photo moderation and review.
- Full production and installation of a 14ft x 7ft mosaic (2800 dpi) with a custom kiosk application and touch screen terminal so users can easily search and find their photo(s) and interact with the mosaic.
- An online interactive mosaic to allow visitors to search, explore, and share the mosaic in a easy and user friendly way.
- Since the mosaic was an ultra wide format, a dynamically resizable mosaic viewer was implemented and deployed for all web browsers.