Picture Mosaics had the pleasure of building a Live Event Mosaic at the 2019 Special Olympics World Games in Abu Dhabi. For the event we worked with Nissan to create a large car mosaic made out of 3608 images of the athletes and attendees of this years’ Summer Olympics. The attendees and athletes were excited to participate in building the mosaic and having that chance to win a variety of prizes, including a car! With over 7,000 athletes from 170 countries all over the world attending the games, this mosaic shows just a small part of the unity and excitement these games encompass. With Live Print Mosaics, participants not only become part of the artistic installation, they help to build the actual work of art by hand-placing their photo.
Products & Services – How we provided the wow factor
Live Print Mosaic
- Guests’ photos were printed onsite, just seconds after it was taken, on our patent-pending segmented adhesive paper.
- At the bottom of each image there are large coordinates, which gave the guests the opportunity to easily hand place their picture in the photo mosaic mural.
- Our Live Print Mosaic system is the only solution in the world that creates TRUE mosaics as compared to systems that superimpose the main image.
How the fans/guests became part of the mosaic – Where the photos came from –
- Picture Mosaics provided two brand ambassadors to capture guest photos in real-time
- In booth photographers assisted in taking photos of attendees and helping them place their photo on the mosaic wall
Digital Enhancements – The exciting “on screen” extras
Enhanced Photo Sharing on Social Networks
- An email sent to the participants provided them with share images, so that they could easily post their image to Facebook and Twitter
Onsite Enhancements – The exciting “off screen” extras
Onsite Photo Printing
- Each submitted photo was printed instantly by our high-speed, automated adhesive photo printers
- Several prize locations placed within the mosaic, designated by a specific icon
Onsite Tech Support and Build Team
- Dedicated event staff helped the participants place the photo tiles onto the mosaic grid
- Proper testing and setup prior to live event
- Onsite technical support and configuration as needed
Communications Options – The after party
- Emails were sent to all of the participants with their image and an image of the completed mosaic
- Participants filled out data on the iPad including name, email, phone number, residency, and the type of car they drive